Types of advice

Debt advice

If you are in debt our experienced Debt Advisers can do the following:

  • Explain your options for dealing with debt.
  • Contact your creditors for you.
  • Help manage enforcement action by creditors – eviction, bailiffs, court action etc.
  • Check that you are getting the right income or benefits.
  • Explain which debts are most important.
  • Complete a financial statement with you.
  • Assist with Debt Relief Order (DRO) applications.

Need help with water bills?

Bristol Water runs a number of special schemes to help people manage their water bills. This includes special tariffs for heavy water users and affordable payment plans for those on low incomes (or anyone struggling to pay their bill). We can explain all your options and even help you to complete the application forms.

Welfare benefits advice

If you are having problems with welfare benefits, our Advice Caseworker can help with the following:

  • Check that you are receiving the correct amount of benefits.
  • Advise on benefit overpayments.
  • Advise on tax credits, overpayments and renewal forms.
  • Help you appeal benefit decisions, including representation at tribunal.
  • Help with benefit claim forms such as DLA, ESA, PIP and Attendance Allowance.

To make an advice enquiry or referral please click here.

For an update on Universal Credit click here.

Other advice

We can offer basic advice on issues such as housing and employment, but for more complex queries we will signpost you to organisations that can help.

If you need advice on another matter please see our useful links page.

Advice Appointments

Telephone and online advice


Go To Top