If a client has had their benefit application turned down or they are unhappy with the decision they can challenge it by requesting a mandatory reconsideration. This role involves supporting NBAC clients with mandatory reconsideration requests through weekly client appointments. Currently, volunteers can be home-based or work from our office in Lockleaze.
What can you gain?
- Experience of working with clients one-to-one.
- Development of benefits knowledge and appeals system.
- Full induction and role training, as well as access to wider NBAC training opportunities.
What does the role involve?
- Assisting clients to complete mandatory reconsideration letters/applications and acting as an advocate for clients where necessary.
- Writing letters requesting medical evidence from GPs or other healthcare professionals as appropriate.
- Keeping accurate, confidential case records.
- Working with the wider team offering Welfare Benefits support and advice.
- Flexible days
- Half day a week
- Minimum 9 month commitment
How to apply
Download the full role description here.
If you would like to apply, fill in our online application form.
Closing date: 24th September 2021.
Interviews: 5th October 2021.
Training for the role will involve committing to a maximum of 6 half-day sessions on a Tuesday from 19th October 2021.
Alternatively, contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out more, or if you would prefer an application form by email.