This role will involve supporting people to apply for financial support in times of crisis. You will be working one to one with clients - currently remotely via telephone appointments.
What can you gain?
- Experience of supporting clients one-to-one.
- Opportunity to develop knowledge around charities and communication skills.
- Full induction and role training, as well as access to wider NBAC training opportunities.
What does the role involve?
- Supporting people in financial difficulty to access products and services they require.
- There are a number of local and national charities who offer funds (usually to purchase goods such as furniture or kitchen appliances) to people with limited/no savings. Your role will be to discuss with the client their financial situation and their need for support.
- Researching appropriate charities based on the client's individual situation.
- Completing online or paper application(s) with the client.
- Flexible days and times.
- Minimum 3 hours per week.
- 6 month commitment.
How to apply
Download the full role description here.
If you would like to apply, fill in our online application form.
Closing date: 24 January 2021.
Alternatively, contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out more, or if you would prefer an application form by email.