Trainee Debt Advice Caseworkers
£18,000-£22,000 - depending on level of qualifications and experience
Full time (37.5 hrs/week)
Contract term: 12 months (to be reviewed at end of 12 months)
Debt Free South West (previously known as Money Advice West) is the South West’s leading independent free debt advice partnership. We have helped over 6,000 people per year who face poverty and debt issues. The partnership has been in place for over 13 years and our advisers help clients with all types of money worries from rent and council tax arrears to credit card and water debts. We work with clients to prioritise their debts, contact creditors and represent the client in negotiations with bailiffs.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are expecting a large increase in demand for debt advice and so we are recruiting new trainees into the free debt advice sector to work across the South West of England. This is a great opportunity for you to get fully trained and have a career where you can make a real difference to people’s lives.
The roles are based in one of the agencies in Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Weston-super-Mare and Yeovil with some home working.
To learn how to provide advice to over indebted clients that is accurate, effective and tailored to the individual’s circumstances, we will offer:
- Money & Pensions Service training to Casework/Specialist level
- Skills training from Debt Free South West
- Ongoing support from supervisors
To learn from experienced Debt Advisers and Supervisors, we will offer the opportunity to:
- Provide quality debt advice and ongoing casework including acting for a client where
- Ensure all work meets the quality requirements of the funder
- Ensure all case records are written up in a timely manner
To contribute to the team
- Work to an agreed training plan
- Be an active member of the team
- Compliance with policies and procedures of your employing organisation
CVs and covering letters are not accepted so please contact us for an application pack.
Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on 21 October 2020.
Interviews are planned for the week beginning 26th October 2020 and trainees should be available for a start date of 30 November 2020.
Debt Advice Trainee Job Description & Person Specification