Volunteering has been at the heart of North Bristol Advice Centre since it opened its doors 30 years ago – and today we have a thriving team of volunteers carrying out a number of roles across the service.
What you'll gain from volunteering with us
Volunteers play a very big part in supporting and delivering the service we provide to our clients here at North Bristol Advice Centre and we recognise and value the contribution they all make.
In return, we aim to offer a rewarding experience for each and every role... plus:
- Full induction and training to enable you to carry out the role confidently
- Ongoing support from a named member of the NBAC team
- Opportunities to use your existing skills and develop new ones
- Expenses to cover your travel costs to your work base (office base in Lockleaze)
- Invitations to take part in additional training relating to NBAC service provision
- The opportunity to work within a supportive team where "every volunteer counts"
How to apply
Once you have made the decision to apply our Volunteer Coordinator will email you an application form or you can apply directly through the website.
We are always very happy to welcome people here for a visit to find out more about the role and the organisation before applying.
The volunteer recruitment process
- We receive and process your application
- You are invited to attend an interview with our team
- If offered a volunteer role, your referees will be contacted
- You will be required to undertake a generic Volunteer Induction session and Safeguarding training - plus additional training relevant to your role
How our volunteers benefit
Our recent annual survey shows that...
- 100% of our volunteers feel valued and appreciated
- 100% feel well or extremely well supported within their role
- 35% report unexpected benefits from their volunteering experience
Feedback from volunteers:
"All members of NBAC are kind, accepting and supportive."
"I am treated with respect, kindness ... positive feedback and thank yous."