Volunteering has been at the heart of North Bristol Advice Centre since it opened its doors 30 years ago – and today we have a thriving team of volunteers carrying out a number of roles across the service.
What you'll gain from volunteering with us
Volunteers play a very big part in supporting and delivering the service we provide to our clients here at North Bristol Advice Centre and we recognise and value the contribution they all make.
In return, we aim to offer a rewarding experience for each and every role... plus:
- Full induction and training to enable you to carry out the role confidently
- Ongoing support from a named member of the NBAC team
- Opportunities to use your existing skills and develop new ones
- Expenses to cover your travel costs to your work base (office base in Lockleaze)
- Invitations to take part in additional training relating to NBAC service provision
- The opportunity to work within a supportive team where "every volunteer counts"
The volunteer recruitment process
- We receive and process your application
- You are invited to attend an interview with our team
- If offered a volunteer role, your referees will be contacted
- You will be required to undertake a generic Volunteer Induction session and Safeguarding training - plus additional training relevant to your role
How our volunteers benefit
Our recent annual survey shows that...
- 100% of our volunteers feel valued and appreciated
- 100% feel well or extremely well supported within their role
- 35% report unexpected benefits from their volunteering experience
Feedback from volunteers:
"All members of NBAC are kind, accepting and supportive."
"I am treated with respect, kindness ... positive feedback and thank yous."
Volunteering during the Coronavirus situation
If you are keen to find out about volunteering opportunities within Bristol related to the Coronavirus crisis please follow the link below:
This link takes you to a page (linked to Can Do Bristol) where you can register interest in volunteering with organisations working across Bristol to support people and communities where the impact of the coronavirus situation is greatest.
When you register you will be added to a list of volunteers that the city will be able to call on over the coming weeks and months. For example, you may be called on by a community organisation such as Feed Bristol or one of the public services working with the NHS or adult care.